[CLUE-Cert] Ettercap

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Wed Mar 20 18:21:52 MST 2002

Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> Just wanted to mention that this tool may be a lot more prevalent than you
> might think; apparently it's a popular enough tool for FreeBSD's port
> tree! It was right in /usr/ports/net/ettercap...
>
> Did anyone play with this anymore, BTW?

I tried it out at work, but I haven't become familiar with most
of its features.  We're on a fully switched network and using
the standard method of sniffing, I didn't see much traffic other
than my own and NetBIOS broadcasts.  Perhaps the arp sniffing
would get more info, but I'm reluctant to try that without better
understanding how it works.

Lynn