[CLUE-Cert] Topics for Monday

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at attbi.com
Thu Mar 28 21:11:14 MST 2002

On 03-28 15:57, Jef Barnhart wrote:
> Guys,
>
> How about this for a topic next week. Could we go over network and security?
>
> I would like to go over how the ettercap tool works but using tcpdump and working with "raw" packets. This could turn into a better understanding of how networking is done and how to secure the system.

Sounds good to me. The whole concept of sniffing over a switched network
using ARP poisoning (read top of the man page) I found rather
interesting...I just don't really have a good place to see it work without
running the risk of either hosing something up, or getting in some serious
trouble.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at attbi.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome