[CLUE-Cert] Where is ld?

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Thu Oct 17 18:28:55 MDT 2002

On 10-17 17:27, Lynn Danielson wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 14:18, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> > Is ld part of the gcc package we compiled on Tues? I didn't see it in the
> > docs as being part of what is built.
>
> We talked about ld a little bit Tuesday night.  Dennis correctly
> identified it as the "C" linker.  It's part of gnu's binutils
> package.

Okay. That's where it is. I didn't see it in the enumeration of files built
by gcc.

BTW, this exercise is already proving to be a good one: I never knew of the
utility "uniq" but noticed it when I was punching holes in my dead-trees
version of the documentation.

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
High explosives are applicable where truth and logic fail.