[CLUE-Cert] LFS build engine

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Sun Apr 13 18:46:32 MDT 2003

I started writing a shell script for an LFS build engine while I was
waiting at Charleston's airport yesterday.  I do not like the fact that
the scripts for Pure LFS mix code and config info together.  I came up
with a config file containing build information about each package and a
script that reads that config.   I tested it today and it seems to read
the config properly and report where it finds an error.  This script is
just test code, not a complete build engine.

The toolchain probably needs its own build script to ensure that gcc,
glibc and binutils (or coreutils) are properly built.