[CLUE-Cert] Internet problems

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Mon Aug 25 16:01:19 MDT 2003

On 08-24 22:19, Dennis J Perkins wrote:

> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
>
> >On 08-24 20:33, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> >

> >>I couldn't access their web page Frida morning.  They came back online
> >>sometime in teh afernoon.
> >>
> >>I'm still having trouble downloading files.  The downloads tend to stop
> >>partway thru and I frequently need to try a few times in order to get
> >>something downloaded.  This is a recent problem and I am not happy with
> >>their not responding to complaints.  IF this is still a problem after I
> >>get back from China, I will probably look for a different ISP.  But I
> >>still don't know if they are Qwest is the real problem.  Accessing web
> >>pages doesn't seem to be a problem  If someone sends me attachments,
> >>tho, my email downloads sometimes lock up.
> >>

> >I was going to follow up and say I wasn't having any problems with email
> >that I've noticed. But.
> >
> >Then I remembered I've been having problems with Window Update. Downloads
> >keep hanging. I wanted to blame it on M$, but...I also had a download on my
> >FreeBSD box die about 2/3 of the way through.
> >
> >Dennis, are you saying downloading in general is timing out? Because I
> >think
> >I'm seeing the same thing.
> >

> That is what appears to be happening.  It doesn't seem to be noticeable
> unless whatever is being downloaded is above 400K.  Then results vary.

One other question for you. Do you find that your IP is constantly being
cycled? Mine changes several times a day (sometimes it was more than once in
the same hour), at least until today. Today, so far, it's been the same
since this morning.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
Before marriage the three little words are "I love you," after marriage they
are "Let's eat out."