[CLUE-Cert] SAIR - it lives?

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Wed Jul 28 12:55:41 MDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 12:00, clue-cert-request at clue.denver.co.us wrote:
>    1. SAIR - it lives? (Sean LeBlanc)
>    2. Re: SAIR - it lives? (dperkins at techangle.com)

> Message: 2
> From: dperkins at techangle.com
> Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:29:29 -0600 (MDT)
> Subject: Re: [CLUE-Cert] SAIR - it lives?
> To: clue-cert at clue.denver.co.us
>
> > http://channelzone.ziffdavis.com/article2/0,1759,1627386,00.asp
> >
> > I have not been to the SAIR site in quite a while - looks like they did an
> > overhaul. Is the corpse twitching into life?
> >
> > --
> > Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
>

> I thought they had died.  If we restart certification, I'm not sure I want
> to continue with SAIR or go to LPI.

This is the group that allegedly (since Oct 2001) has tried to do CPR on
SAIR via NetG and Thomson Learning.  They are the left overs of Compaq's
education department (from the HP-Compaq merger).

Being a former SAIR ACE partner and now an LPI-US partner, the present
group has done nothing in the certification arena publically to date
(e.g., LinuxWorld Expo shows, contact the ACE's to revive things,
etc.).  In fact, their old URL www.linuxcertification.com was snagged by
a known squatter group to make some humor on the subject a year+ ago.
;-)

My personal $0.02, go with LPI.

--- Crawford
--