[CLUE-Cert] burning DVDs

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Tue May 25 09:49:05 MDT 2004

On 05-24 17:55, Ski Dawg wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 13:52, Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> > >
> > > Dennis,
> > >
> > > I am sending this to the list this time. I tried sending it to you
> > > directly, but it bounced back to me.
> > >
> > > I was just planning to use the PVR that I am going to build to capture
> > > the tape from the VCR. Then burn it with a DVD recorder (using DVD-R
> > > since it seems to be the most compatible with console based DVD
> > > players).
> >
> > What software would you use to do the burning? I've done ripping (dvd::rip), but since
> > I don't have DVD-R, I have never done burning. Have you done DVD-(R|RW) burning under
> > Linux yet?
>
> I haven't done any DVD burning yet. I am probably going to start using
> k3b (gui, http://www.k3b.org/) or dvdrecord (command line,
> http://www.nongnu.org/dvdrtools/).

Okay. Good to know about those.

Do you have a DVD-R[W] now? Did you start buying other hardware?

Also, to everyone:

Are we still having a meeting tonight? I know Dennis said he can't make it
this month, but what about others?

Cheers,

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at techangle.net
The weather-cock on the church spire, though made of iron, would soon be
broken by the storm-wind if it... did not understand the noble art of turning
to every wind.
-Heinrich Heine