[CLUE-Cert] DIY Linux

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 21:23:26 MST 2004

On 11-17 07:47, dperkins at techangle.com wrote:
> It might be time (for me, at least) to try something new.
> www.diy-linux.org is developing a system similar to LFS.  They differ in
> philosophy (and some political differeces between developers), because
> LFS's emphasis is on teaching users how to build their own systems,
> whereas DIY Linux is more research-oriented with a stronger emphasis on
> correctness.
>
> I am experiencing greater difficulties with LFS's procedures for building
> the latest tool chain, so maybe DIY Linux's procedures will solve these
> problems.

FWIW:

Well, I just realized that Tuesday is when I'm going to see a band, so I
won't be going this month. I just installed Fedora Core 3 on my box, and I'm
updating via yum so that may take a bit. Next I'll install gcc (forgot to do
that during install, yeeesh) and try out ndiswrapper.

My Hauppage PVR-350 also just came yesterday, so I'll be popping that in
soon after I resolve the wireless NIC stuff.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're
always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from Here I can pretend...
I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than
moments. Gods come and Gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds
don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle
like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend.
-Olethros, "Sandman"