[CLUE-Cert] Finally ordered my "PVR" box

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Sun Sep 26 09:56:10 MDT 2004

Hiya,

Just wanted to say that I finally ordered my PVR box. I ordered from Monarch
Computers. I ordered over a week ago 9/17...it's still in the second step at
their site, which seems to boil down to "gathering parts". I think at this
rate it will be well into October before I get it. Probably about the same
time FreeBSD 5.3 is released...figures. ;) Maybe KnoppMyth will be more
advanced by then and up-front work can be minimized, though. Dennis, did you
order yours with "rush" priority or something?

I didn't order anything really super whiz bang. I think it will be able to
do one stream at a time, and should hopefully be able to handle that
adequately. That would be the most intensive thing I'd put it through. Well,
that and ripping DVDs, I guess.

Here are the stats:

2.8GHz, 256M, 2 160G drives, Plextor CD/DVD-RW. Like I said, nothing
special, but I hope it can handle what is being thrown at it.

On another note: I start my new job on Monday, so if we are meeting on
Tuesday, I'll be coming from about a block or so away, instead of
Broomfield! I work on Dry Creek Road now. :) I can't wait to start!

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
Who wants to remember that escape-x-alt-control-left shift-b puts you into
super-edit-debug-compile mode?
-Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of commands,
especially Emacs.