[clue-cert] Tuesday meeting

Danielson, Lynn Lynn.Danielson at ihs.com
Tue Dec 27 14:45:09 MST 2005

Hey Guys,

I haven't made it the last couple of months because of last minute
problems at work and I won't be able to come to tonight's meeting
because of family commitments.

I did get my results back from the LPI 102 exam -- I passed!  :-)

I took the exam at Crawford's install fest on November 19th and got the
results on December 8th.  So, it took about two and a half weeks to find
out how I had done.  I received three emails from LPI.  Two basically
offered congratulations on passing level one of the LPI certification
and gave some info about letting others (employers) verify the
certification.  The other gave my score information, breaking out the
percentage I got correct in the respective categories.

Overall, taking the test in written form rather than through one of the
automated testing facilities was a positive experience.  While I missed
the instant gratification, the two to three week wait wasn't too bad and
the 25% ($25) savings was very nice.  Thanks again to Crawford and the
Linux Etc. folks who offered this to us.

I did better on the second exam than the first.  I was surprised because
I felt more confident coming out of the first exam.  I'm sure it wasn't
because I studied more for the second one.  I worked through as many of
the sample test questions from the end of the LPI ExamCram book as I had
time for (just prior to the exam) and that was helpful.  The example
questions from the book are definitely representative of many of the
questions on the exam.

I haven't decided what certification I'll pursue next.  LPI level II
would make sense.  An RHCE might be more helpful in finding another job.
I'd be interested in your thoughts about the matter.

With any luck at all, I should be able to join you guys next month.

Happy New Year!

Lynn