[clue-cert] AntiVir

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 14:27:35 MST 2005

On 03-25 09:35, David Anselmi wrote:
> Sean LeBlanc wrote:
> >This is the program I was talking about. I'm not sure it applies to your
> >situation, though, Jef, since my edition says that it's free for personal
> >or
> >non-commercial use only. They do reference a professional version, though.
> >
> >http://www.free-av.com/
>
> There's info on AV for Linux here:
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Security/mswindows-virus-scanning.html
>
> I hope that's not too far off track--2 minute rule!

Heh. I like #3:

3. Or it can mean that the IT guy in question really hasn't the faintest
idea what he means, but just has a spinal reflex to put "antivirus" software
on any machine whatsoever.

At last job I had, I had the request from network admin to put "antivirus
software" on FreeBSD. It sounds even more ridiculous than it does for
Linux...especially in this case, since this box wasn't doing anything
remotely Windows-like or for Windows except running Samba, and that was only
as a crutch to get files there easier...

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at comcast.net
Every time I get a script it's a matter of trying to know what I could do with
it. I see colors, imagery. It has to have a smell. It's like falling in love.
You can't give a reason why.
-Lena Olin