[clue-cert] LPI exam: RPM and dpkg change

Danielson, Lynn Lynn.Danielson at ihs.com
Wed Sep 28 15:51:15 MDT 2005

Dennis,

According to the LPI site, "in May LPI announced the merging of RPM and DPKG Package Management Exam Questions into a single form. Traditionally, separate exam forms on Exam 101 for LPIC-1 gave exam candidates a choice between RPM and DPKG package management. However, due to reasons of community consensus on required Linux knowledge and internal efficiencies it was announced that as of October 1, 2005 (2005-10-01) exam candidates will be required to know both forms of package management in order to successfully complete their LPIC-1."

Perhaps they've pushed it back?  You might want to give Prometric or VUE a call to verify this.  I chose to test with VUE in large part because my test site, New Horizons on Dry Creek & Havana, said they had fewer problems with VUE.  I didn't ask for any further details on this.

Prometric: 1-800-294-3926
VUE: 1-877-619-2096

If they have extended it, I think that's great.  I don't want to be negative, but if you failed it (you won't) you'd have to wait a week to retake the test.  If they've delayed the 101 update, that gives you an opportunity to schedule a retake before the exam changes.

Lynn