[clue-cert] Course and training designing

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sat Feb 7 12:59:10 MST 2009

Comments below.

----- clue-cert-request at cluedenver.org wrote:
> Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:10:23 -0700
> From: Ward <wardndani at aol.com>
> Subject: Re: [clue-cert] Course and training designing
>
> Thanks for your response on this.  Before I let the group know about
> this can you please give me a little more information?  For example:
>
> 1. if we did meet, would you be willing to meet some where or do you
> prefer remote learning?

Currently we offer "in person" classes.  The "online" versions on being developed at the moment, with a new release of some courseware coming in April.  So we are awaiting for that to be out, before we continue with the "online" and "video" learning angles.

> 2. If we decide to do the remote learning, what would you require
> from
> us?

We are putting this together, so TBD at this point.  Probably a decent internet connection that can handle video conferencing, white boarding, and VMware Server (modern processor and 2GB RAM or so).  I use VMware Server in class to show a variety of various aspects including comparing distributions a bit.  The students like it since they can R&D (as in "research and destroy") things virtually without having to go out and get a secondary system to work on.

> 3. What would the costs for your services be?

Call me on that, but our web site has the basic prices for "in person" training.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

NOTICE:  This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and contains information that is proprietary and/or confidential. Do not forward or post this email without first obtaining my specific prior approval. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply and delete the subject email.