[clue-cert] Fwd: LPIC-1 Linux Certification Study Group (last direct mailing)

Thu Feb 19 17:04:27 MST 2009

I think the below message never made it to the CLUE-cert list.  If it did, please pardon the resend.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:18:07 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: LPIC-1 Linux Certification Study Group (last direct mailing)

1. All further messages on this specific topic will go out on the CLUE-cert mailing list.

In order to participate in this discussion and the study group, you will need to join that mailing list by sending the word "subscribe" to "clue-cert-request at cluedenver.org" or visiting http://www.cluedenver.org/mailman/listinfo/clue-cert directly.  If any of your friends or co-workers are interested in Linux certification, they should join that email list.  If this causes a problem for you, please email or call me directly to let me know.  My cell number is at the bottom of every message I send.  If you got this notice late, and think you might have missed messages, check the CLUE-cert archives at http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-cert/

2. I might need another facilitator to run a second classroom.

Response has been tremendous.  Please let me know if you have Linux and/or teaching expertise and want to partner with me on this.

3. If you haven't purchased your book yet, you should do so.

Amazon has them in stock and is filling orders.  Make SURE you are getting the 2nd Edition of Roderick Smith's LPIC-1 Study Guide.

4. Anyone that arrives with a book will be given a seat, space for a notebook, and an Internet connection, at least.

If we overflow the classroom, I'll deputize somebody.  Computers could be tricky, so please try to bring your own, and let me know if you're sure you'll need to use one of PARSEC's.

There is no official definition of "wonk-ass".  1GB of RAM might be a reasonable minimum for the exercises I have planned, but dual-booting might let you get away with less.

5. If you buy a friend a copy of the study guide, or in any other way contribute to the success of this class, I'll list you as a sponsor.

Currently, the sponsors are:  PARSEC Group, CoLoCo, CLUE, and me.

David L. Willson
Network Engineer
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS