[clue-cert] LPIC-1 SG: 1 week reminder

Tue Mar 10 13:42:59 MDT 2009

Sorry this is getting out late.  We begin meeting one week from yesterday.  You should do three things to prepare:

 1. Read Chapter 1 of your book.
 2. Write down 3 questions or comments from the material.  "Real world hands-on examples" are most appreciated.
 3. Take the "Assessment Test" at the beginning of the book.
 4. If you have time, attempt to install VMware Workstation or Server 1 or Server 2 on your study computer.

My rough plan for our first Monday is:

 1. Correct/review the Assessment Test.
 2. Discuss VMware environment and ISO usage. Help with problems.  Maybe setup Server 1.
 3. Walk through Chapter 1.
 4. Q&A

Unless I miss my guess, we'll be running tight for time, so we may leave some chapter 1 for the second meeting.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS
Freeing people from the tyranny (or whatevery) of Microsoft, one at a time.