[clue-cert] (LPIC) Parallels / Virtual Machine / Screen Resolution

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 23:39:38 MDT 2009

Hey Guys,
For several reasons I am not installing any window management systems for my
CentOS and Debian virtual machines...  I feel more than comfortable with
several consoles through F1-F6.  The problem is that I cannot get a
comfortable screen resolution (I think I'm stuck at something like 40x25
characters).  I'm trying to use a program called SVGATextMode to increase
that screen size, but to no avail.

Do any of you have any ideas?  Parallels basically works through a VESA 3.0
driver, so it should handle higher resolutions... just can't figure out how
to force it.  My other option would be to run SSH on each VM and then just
use my console from OS X to SSH into the virtual machine, enabling scrolling
and whatnot.  While a bit obfuscated, it's certainly the geeky way to do
things.  :-)

Thanks guys,  See you all Monday.

-David