[clue-cert] CERT meeting (Dennis's group) on Aug 26

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Jul 25 14:14:36 MDT 2010

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I wonder if you could set up the 32 GB SSD as the root partition and the
> 8 GB SSD as the home partition.  Or vice versa.  I think Arch was
> installed only in the 8 GB one.  Or use LVM to merge them.

At installfest there was a Asus eee.  The Debian installer wasn't very intuitive about setting up
LVM but they wanted to merge the 2GB flash with a 4GB SD card.  That was easy to do and seemed to work.

I usually use LVM because I like to be able to move blocks around without disturbing the file
system.  In this case, merging both SSDs means you can't remove/swap out either (unless you take
steps to put all the OS files on the other).

I think the whole OS should fit in 8GB easily.  So you could keep the 32GB separate and use it for
data (under /srv, or /home, or wherever makes sense).  You could still use LVM if you wanted that
flexibility.

Dave