[CLUE-Members] Bruce Perens in town Oct 7th ~ 8th

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Mon Oct 6 19:45:53 MDT 2003

Just in case everyone hasn't gotten this information, our monthly
meeting has
been moved up a week this month to tomorrow night.  Bruce Perens, a notable
member in the Linux/Open Source community is in town this week and will
be the featured speaker at our CLUE meeting.

The subject will be "The Future of GNU/Linux and Free
Software". I will talk about some of the issues confronting
us - software patents, trusted systems, competitive and
technical issues, SCO (if you haven't already heard too much),
etc.

Bruce will also be a featured speaker at an IBM/Intel/Red Hat
seminar on Wednesday at the DTC Marriott.  Please check out
our website <http://cluedenver.org> for more information.

Also, we are defering the "member only" restriction on door
prizes another month.  I hope to have member websites available
by the end of the week and membership cards by the November
meeting.

'Hope to see you all tomorrow!

Lynn