[CLUE-Talk] two count 'em two

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Sun Nov 26 21:30:51 MST 2000

I picked up a little NCR PC at ExcessPC down on
Santa Fe for $24.  Plopped in a bunch of spare parts
(an old Pentium 166, some old 72 pin memory, a
1.7 GB disk and an 8X CD-ROM). Next think I know,
I'm up with a working gateway.  I know Jim Ockers
will frown when he reads this because being true to
Linux, I should have done it with vi editing the appropriate
files.  But I couldn't resist the NetMax Firewall product.
I wanted to study the configuration files after it was
set up.  Turns out the little NCR PC has built-in video
but with NetMax, you don't need it.  It's set up over
the network in a browser window.

So now, with two machines talking through the
gateway machine to a modem (as I wait patiently
for DSL), I'm feeling pretty good about ExcessPC
and their $24 NCR motherboard/case/floppy deal
and the NetMax Firewall Suite.

--
Roger Frank
Ponderosa High School, Colorado