[CLUE-Talk] RE: RFI -- Meetings

Batalden, Eric EBatalden at MonitorLabs.com
Thu Oct 12 06:53:29 MDT 2000

here is the short version.  the first meeting was mostly setting up what we
wanted to study and where we wanted to do it.  because the group is fairly
small we went with IHS as the meetings place.  we also decided to study with
the Sair program because they have shown support by sending us some loot.
there were no strong feeling Sair vs. LPI, the one thing some of us felt
strongly about was that we study a vendor neutral certification.  we
assigned homework and it was to read chapter one in from the Sair manual
provided on the CD and install Slackware.

at the first meeting not every one completed the home work (i was one of the
guilty).  we discussed what the letter and the intent of the GPL license was
as well as installed Slackware on a box at IHS.  we also touched on run
levels, init scripts and printing.  the assignment for the next meeting (as
i understand it) is finish up what you didn't in chapter one and start
chapter two also try installing some of the different distros.  chapter two
is a biggin' and covers comparing and contrasting some of the different
distros and some basic initial setting up.  their initial setup does include
getting X running.

feel free to fill in where my memory may have failed

laters

Greetings,

Having finally been freed from attendance of school on Wednesdays, I now
look forward to the next certification group meeting.

Could someone bring me up to date on what was discussed in the first
two? What were the readings?

And what is the topic and reading for the next class?

Thanx.

John Kottal