[CLUE-Talk] Local Web Hosting Firms that Support Linux/PHP/MySQL

Jeffery Cann jccann at home.com
Tue Apr 17 13:04:53 MDT 2001

On Monday 16 April 2001 11:52, Jim Intriglia wrote:

> The web hosting firm needs to offer/support PHP and MySQL services as part
> of their remote hosting packages.

Jim,

They are not front range (Boca Raton, FL) and they offer PHP, MySQL and
PostgreSQL in the 'Gold' plan ($40/month).  They do also offer PHP and gdbm
(flat file database access) for $10 / month under the 'Silver' plan.  IMHO -
99% of web sites do not need MySQL - gdbm will do just fine for data storage.
 I am not sure about your local requirement for hosting.

You can see a comparison of their various plans at:
http://www.websitefactory.net/comparison.html#comparison

They run FreeBSD and I have had no problems with downtime.  Good technical
support via email - helpful and responsive.  Of the 10 or so issues I have
opened, they are closed the same business day.  I have recommended them to
many folks and everyone has had no complaints.  All of the folks use the
silver plan:

Silver Plan
 + $9.95/mo.
 + NO setup fee

Base Services
 + 30 MB disk space
 + 3,000 MB/month data transfer
 + 24/7 access to your account

Account Control Panel
 + E-Mail Services
 + Mail forwarding and aliasing (10 free)
 + POP3 and IMAP Mailboxes (5 free)
 + E-Mail Autoresponders (10 free)

Miscellaneous Services
 + Microsoft Frontpage 2000 Extensions