[CLUE-Talk] Mandrake 8.0

Roger Frank rfrank at rfrank.net
Tue Apr 24 01:31:01 MDT 2001

On Monday 23 April 2001 11:30, you wrote:

> > Anyone try out Mandrake 8 yet?
>
> I am currently using SuSE 7.1 on most of my boxes, and really like it so
> far.  I also have a couple Mandrake 7.2 servers and 1 Debian 2.2 box (I was
> a RedHat user since 1995, until I discovered Mandrake & SuSE).
>
> Two more distros that I would really like to try (for learning more about
> how things work): - Slackware
> - LFS (Linux From Scratch / http://www.linuxfromscratch.org)

I had Mandrake 8.0 up briefly.  But I had been hooked by the ease of
upgrade and maintenance features of Debian.  Then Progeny Debian
came along and it was no contest.   All of my machines are Progeny
and so is about half the school lab so far as we are in mid-transition.
Check it out at www.progeny.com and snarf the download iso images.

Roger Frank