[CLUE-Talk] Clue: Question about @Home & Linux

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sat Aug 25 19:32:28 MDT 2001

* Warren (warren at guano.org) wrote:
> I believe this is for the dial-up access only.  It is for this reason
> that I'm switching my local phone service from Qwest to AT&T and
> canceling my Qwest account.
>
> It's not that I'm a fan of AT&T, but I hate them less than M$N. Plus, an
> added advantage is that the AT&T lines are much cleaner than Qwest's
> POTS lines.

Don't worry!  You don't have to change to MSN!

Secondly, why would you thinkg that AT&T lines are cleaner?  I am just
curious.  Unless I have been drinking my bathwater, AT&T owns very few,
if any, local loops.  If you get service from AT&T, it is the exact same
copper pair as if it was with QWEST.  QWEST is pretty much the only
company that owns local loops.  All of the competitors lease the lines
from QWEST, and then to you.

Tim