[CLUE-Talk] Help!

Gary & Sheri Mauldin gsmauldin at home.com
Tue Aug 28 20:59:18 MDT 2001

I need someone I can hire on a per incident basis to help me with setting up a Linux server.  I've installed RH 7.1 and need the following services:
sendmail
Samba
RAID 1

I also have it behind a Linux firewall and have to do some pretty quirky configuring to get internet access.
My firewall does NAT and hooks into DSL and has a DMZ zone.  For all my Windows pc's I set the IP, netmask, dns, gateway, and I'm off and running.  For any linux box I have, I have to add: a route -add directed to each network residing in the firewall, and assign the default gateway.  I have to redo this every time I reboot and it just doesn't seem normal.  Before I had the firewall installed, I didn't have to do this (it was normal).  For some reason now, there is a difference in connecting to the internet between the Windows and Linux boxes.

I can pay by check at the end of each job and rates are nego based on type of work.  No beginners need apply.

Gary Mauldin
303-981-2899 8am-7pm any day