[CLUE-Talk] Tuesday's DHTML presentation

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Fri Dec 7 13:27:13 MST 2001

Please send me (just me) any specific questions you want covered in the
DHTML talk/presentation on Tuesday evening.

There is FAR too much material to do this topic justice in an hour, so I
want to make sure to at least touch lightly on your specific interests.  Let
me get these two out of the way first.

Question: What is DHTML?
Answer: HTML + DOM + JS + CSS = DHTML.  Dynamic HTML is a nickname for the
effective combination of HTML/xHTML, the Document Object Model,
JavaScript/ECMAScript, and Cascading Style Sheets.

Question: Can you recommend a good book on the subject?
Answer: Yes, "Dynamic HTML, the Definitive Reference" by Danny Goodman,
published by O'Reilly.  This is where I look first when I am writing pages,
in spite of the fact that it's ancient.  (An update should be out in 2002.)