[CLUE-Talk] More OT ATTBI

Collins Richey erichey2 at attbi.com
Fri Dec 7 19:49:19 MST 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:49:12 -0700 Warren <warren at guano.org> wrote:

> rrarabie at attbi.com <rrarabie at attbi.com> wrote:
>
> rac> Is anyone subscribing to AT&T using the RCA model cable modem?
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> What issues do you still have?  Dumb question: have you power-cycled
> the
> modem, i.e., shut it down for 30 seconds or more?
>
> Aside from the (continuing) dns propagation issues, and the
> noticeable
> slower download speeds, my service is back to normal.

No modem problems (not an RCA, mine's a real brand X called GI,
supplied by ATT).  What do you mean by dns propagation issues.  I'm
only on cable 2-5 hours a day, and I haven't noticed any problems
browsing or email.  I haven't really downloaded any big chunks, but
the small ones are quick enough.  My only problem was discovering the
domain name to salt away in my router.

--
Collins Richey
Denver Area - WWTLRD?