[CLUE-Talk] Got a fraudster on the line...

David Willson DLWillson at thegeek.nu
Wed Dec 5 10:17:40 MST 2001

Hey guys,

Attached is my third contact with someone attempting to perpetrate a
fraud.  I have done the legwork, and as soon as these guys get the
victim's account number, they empty it...  This fraud is so common it
has a nickname, which I can't remember off-hand, but anyway...

Here's what I need:  Your advice.  I want to get this lying bastard
arrested.  I want to pull a 60 Minutes on his ass.  I know his email is
good, but I don't know whether his ISP is in on it, or (for that matter)
whether he IS the ISP...  I am stumped as to how to "set the hook" so to
speak without actually losing all my hard-earned money.  Any ideas?

David Willson