[CLUE-Talk] What's Gnome got?

\_0_/ psyber at dimensional.com
Mon Dec 10 19:54:03 MST 2001

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 18:19:54 -0700 (MST)
> From: Matt Gushee <mgushee at hypermall.net>
> To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
> Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] What's Gnome got?
> <03e301c180e7$ceec5500$0301a8c0 at skidawg3>

[...]
> D C writes:
>  >
>  > " Unlike KDE, which includes a built-in window manager, GNOME is window
>  > manager independent. It provides a programming interface that allows window
>  > manager developer to integrate full support for GNOME in the window
>  > manager."
>
> IIRC this statement isn't entirely accurate. Yes, KDE comes with a
> window manager, but you can use others with some effort. GNOME also
> nominally has a "standard" window manager -- sawfish.

errrm... Enlightenment, methinks.  Which for me, on my somewhat
antiquated machine, was much much too resource intensive.

Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:29:12 -0800 (PST)
From: Jeffery Cann <jc_cann at yahoo.com>
To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us, clue-tech at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: [CLUE-Talk] Reminder - December Meeting Tomorrow (12/11)!
Sender: clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us

Seasons Greetings Cluebies!

Please join us for the final meeting of 2001!

KISS Session (6:30)
DHCP with Roy Johnston and David Hahn

--------------------

Main Session (7:15 pm)

DHTML David Willson

DHTML is Dynamic HTML, a combination of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets),
Java/ECMAScript, the DOM (Document Object Model), and of course HTML. DHTML can
be used to create attractive and interactive web-documents without serious
programming effort. The presentation will be more demonstrative than
theoretical.

David is a geek with a lot of love for (and a little knowledge of) Linux. He
does full-time web-database-development in a 100% Microsoft environment, but he
looks anxiously forward to gaining enough Linux knowledge to bring his first
server in the "back door". He also looks forward to doing a little
pseudo-development in Linux to prepare material for this presentation!

For additional information, log on to http://clue.denver.co.us/
Hope to see you tomorrow!

Jeffery Cann
CLUE President