[CLUE-Talk] DOJ Letter Writing Campaign

Jeffery Cann jc_cann at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 12 10:20:03 MST 2001

Greetings.

According to the following articles, the public comment period on the DOJ v
Microsoft Antitrust Case is now open until January 26, 2002.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/print/3952/

Public comment is required by law, so now is the time for our collective voices
to be heard.  I will write a response to the DOJ, but I thought of a better
idea:  Let's have a CLUE letter writing campaign and write a stack of letters
and send them in a single package to the DOJ.  This type of delivery is a
strong statement of organization and will be a simple way to amplify our
collective distaste for the proposed settlement terms.

Are Cluebies interested in contributing a letter to protest the proposed
settlement terms?  If you are, please respond either to me directly (jc_cann at
yahoo dot com) or to this list.  Also, please contribute additional ideas for a
letter-writing campaign.

If folks are interested, I will post more information on my web site about the
particulars of contributing a letter to include in the proposed package to the
DOJ.  The page will also contain links for background information about the
case and why it is vital that we respond.  I will post this URL back to the
clue-talk email list next week.

Finally, please pass along this email to anyone you think is interested.
Remember that our representative democracy works best when your thoughts and
ideas are represented!  Do not waste this opportunity to voice your opinion!

Jeff

=====
Protect Digital Rights!
http://www.eff.org/support/joineff-cc.html