[CLUE-Talk] getting stuck and fixing it.

Steven & Julia Hulse cyberbiker at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 6 17:07:46 MST 2001

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been too active on this group for a while, mostly lurking due
to the fact I've been waiting for my new 1gig T-Bird system. Now I've got it
and I'm trying to get set up with Linux. I'm going with Corel since it's
mostly a home based machine and I want to network with my wife's Win98 PC.
Anyway that's another email, my question has to deal with the fact that I
have installed Corel without a problem but for some strange reason my
machine would lock up when I go to do something. Even something simple as
changing themes. My question is how do I safely unlock my PC without
destroying Linux? The only thing I could do is just hit the reset button, (I
know that's probably not what I should do thus the question.), and then it
reboots and apparently wants me to run something like scandisk but to be
perfectly hones, I have no clue! At that point I can't even get Linux to
boot, it just sits on an error message and a prompt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Steve Hulse