[CLUE-Talk] Sites with longest running systems by last uptime

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Sun Feb 18 13:25:58 MST 2001

Jim,

ABSOLUTELY!!!!  Notice that Starbucks "rebooted" their server everyday
until they moved to Windows2000 (http://uptime.netcraft.com/).  From a
quality standpoint, it's good that NT's quality has improved in
Windows2000, but as Dr. W. Edwards Deming stated of the Japanese auto
makers quality versus America's during the 80's, "How can America catch
up to a business which keeps accelerating?"  I see the same with Linux
versus Windblows, how can Microsoft catch up to an OS which keep
accelerating?

As you so importantly pointed out, development is increasing, which is
great for high quality.  When selling quality versus price, ALWAYS point
out quality first, then if quality is on par between two or more
products, the capability and price become the major winning points: you
can't beat FREE!!

You're right on Jim!!!

Kevin