[CLUE-Talk] SuSE install

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Tue Jan 2 14:10:33 MST 2001

There are not ISO's, but....  If you download the floppies, and then do an
install via FTP, pointing at the SuSE servers, it works great.  I bought
6.2 and 6.4.  After installing from the CD, the update tool seemed to
replace 3/4 of the distro with stuff from the FTP site anyway.

One little bug in the install from FTP, during install, you have no DNS, so
you have to know the IP address of ftp.suse.com, as well as
/pub/suse/i386/current for the directory.  You can also use this info to do
an upgrade to 7.