[CLUE-Talk] Malcolm Baldrige Award winner OMI's CTO (smallshop) ....

Kevin Cullis kevincu at orci.com
Thu Jan 11 10:42:50 MST 2001

Grant Johnson wrote:

> I am currently rented out to CH2M Hill (their parent company) and the view
> here is very different.  GIve me the details, so maybe we can get some of
> that good stuff going here.
> At 04:16 PM 01/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> >believes in Open Source Software!!!!  I'm meeting with the CTO on
> >Tuesday to discuss how I can research how their IT department functions.
> >I'll be in touch.

The bottom line is that the IT guy has been patient with it's acceptance
by higher ups, but once the DATA proved its worth, then they said OK
(I'm assuming here since I've not had a long coversation with him about
this subject).  I'll see him on Tuesday, so I'll have more info to dish
out.  I'll also asked him to give a presentation to the CLUE members
which he readily agreed to, but it's a timing issue at the moment.  ALL
Baldrige winners are required to showcase their processes, so they are
going to be deluged by requests and I've got "first dibs" on his time at
the moment.

Will have more later.

Kevin