[CLUE-Talk] Re: CLUE-Talk digest, Vol 1 #100 - 6 msgs

Brandon N bneill at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 12:23:32 MST 2001

> I was talking with a gentleman yesterday and he told me about
> Slackware.  I'm about this close, |  |, to move to it and dump SuSe.
> Any comments?
>
> Kevin

I use slackware, it's well tested and stable, the documentation isn't
as great, but most things are standard.  It's very old-school unix, the
package management is similiar to that of Sun, but doesn't do any
dependency checking.  I have currently ripped out several of the
packages and rewrote them more to my liking, especially the init files.
 It is a very easy system to hack and change the packages.

Brandon