[CLUE-Talk] Sprint Broadband

Jim Intriglia jimintriglia at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:47:27 MST 2001

Roger-

Thanks for that info - was not aware of the Sprint broadband solution.

I'm planning to install Dish Network 2-way Satellite Internet Service soon
(2x56K up; 10x56K down), which is being marketed under the brand "StarBand"
(www.starband.com) with installs being handled by RadioShack (they are
handling everything; a turnkey customer install).

The brains behind the Starband technology - Gilat - are no strangers to
Internet satellite connectivity. The investors behind Starband include
EchoStar, ING (if memory serves) and... Microsoft (surprised?).

Got an installed site here in Conifer - seems to work well (this is good, as
some areas up here are stil waiting for phones let alone DSL, which is not
expected anytime soon).

Planning to write a followup article on Starband service when I get my site
going, as well as a Linux install How-to (unless the community beats me to
it first!).

-Jim