[CLUE-Talk] Linux Article in the Sunday Post

Steve Fry clue at ir3w.com
Mon Jul 9 11:54:26 MDT 2001

The key to this article is much bigger than Micro$oft.  It's the last
paragraph that says ...

"It seems to boil down to whether you want to control your computer, or
have it control you. Given Microsoft's immense market share, it's easy
to see that most people are firmly in favor of putting someone else in
control. And that probably says more about American culture than it says
about Microsoft."

Steve

PS:  I read Ed Quillen's articles every Tuesday and Sunday in the Denver
Post.  I really appreciate and often agree with his position on many
different issues/subjects.  [He writes mostly about the changing face of
small-town Colorado versus life in the big city (Denver) and often
touches on the stupidity of war on drugs, bashes M$ occasionally, and
coined a new zoning area called "Stupid Zones" (eg. living in an
avalanche path, living in the forest and not clearing your land for fire
safety, etc.).]

"Jed S. Baer" wrote:

> In case anyone missed it.
>
> http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1002,150%257E60429,00.html
>
> A comment from a friend of mine:
>
>   "Unfortunately the column leaves an impression that you
>    have to write a C program to accomplish a simple task."
>
> The guy's probably getting pounded with e-mails about Linux right now
> ;-)
>
> Later,
> jed
> --
> "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've
>  made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
>  - President Ronald Reagan

              IR3W Web Services
   Steve Fry - steve at ir3w.com - 720-233-3WWW
    Web Site Design, Development, and More!