[CLUE-Talk] ISDN

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Jun 6 07:43:27 MDT 2001

Actually, there are only two places where you can have fiber (NextLevel
Fiber, actually) to your home:  the old Lowery AFB, and the new homes that
went up on the old Elitches.  There are, however, many, many cross boxes
around Denver that work on the NextLevel fiber, as well as older boxes that
might have conventional pair gain served by a fiber hut connection.  All
three of these a Qwest account rep might call 'fiber' as the account reps are
generally pretty short on the technical details.

However, if your house IS served by NextLevel fiber, either to the curb or to
the cross box, you CAN get ISDN but IDSL might be tricky.  The cards needed
to allow that connection in the Remote Terminal may or may not be around, I
get a different story each time I ask (I happen to work with these issues
every day).

If you were to tell me the phone number or address you are interested in
having served, I could tell you exactly what you have.  I can't give you
specifics, like cross box addresses and cable-pair numbers, but I could tell
you in general.  Email me off list if you are interested.

Tim