[CLUE-Talk] Newbie looking for Linux (Mandrake?) help

Jim Hodgers alfiesty at alfiesty.com
Mon Jun 25 19:31:58 MDT 2001

The CDROM plot thickens:
Thanks to  Jeffery Cann <jccann at home.com>, I changed my /etc/fstab line to

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,exec,ro,dev=/dev/hdc 0 0

Not knowing how to make the fstab reread, I rebooted (hey I am used to
rebooting windows 2-5 times daily, mebbe cause I'm a crappy VB programmer)
and tried CDPlayer, it played one CD! When I ejected and put another in it
would not recognize it(kept saying ejected). It also gave the message that
"hdc was not a block device" when I tried to mount a CDRom. I found out that
another reboot and one more CD would play, but nothing would get me a mounted
CDRom.

As to Kylix or Omnis Studio. look at Janus Software's Phoenix Basic.

Jim (still at a loss) Hodgers