[CLUE-Talk] GPL Question

Grant Johnson Grant.Johnson at MetroIS.com
Thu Mar 15 08:19:21 MST 2001

>This is why Linus declared one day (a few years ago) that linking is covered
>under the LGPL.  (Library GNU Public License).
>
>Go read the GNU web site for details...
>
>Jeff
I have read the LGPL.  Here is the question, though, if the software is
ALREADY GPL, and I want to port it to a non-free OS, with non-free
libraries being the only ones available, does this violate the GPL?

If I want to make a non-free product, it will indirectly link with GPL code
(uses kernel routines eventually, and indirectly) does this present a problem?