[CLUE-Talk] OT - Netscape Mozilla fonts on Solaris

McIllece, Matthew W matthew.w.mcillece at lmco.com
Fri Mar 16 13:29:41 MST 2001

Should mozilla-fonts-1.0 from http://fox.mit.edu/skunk/xwin/#mozilla_fonts
work for an individual user on Solaris?  I've compiled and installed them
with the DESTDIR variable set to
/home/users/mcillece/usr/local/lib/fonts/Mozilla, but when I do the xset (as
non-root - since I don't have root on this machine)

xset fp+ /home/users/mcillece/usr/local/lib/fonts/Mozilla:unscaled

with or without the ":unscaled" part, I get the following message:

xset:  bad font path element (#42), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

What is font path element (#42)?  None of the files have "42" embedded in
their names, or "41", or "40" for that matter.

The directory permissions are set to rwxrwxr-x all the way down starting at
and including /home/users/mcillece/usr

The /home/users/mcillece/usr/local/lib/fonts/Mozilla directory does exist
and the permissions are set to rwxrwxr-x all the way down starting at and
including /home/users/mcillece/usr.

The fonts.dir file does exist in the Mozilla subdirectory and does contain
the expected font info.

I'm not sure if I'm using an "Incorrect font server address or syntax"  How
would I check?

TIA
Matt