[CLUE-Talk] Slackup

Ed Young ejy at techangle.com
Wed Mar 21 14:34:45 MST 2001

Is nothing sacred?

I always thought Slackware was cool because it was a "Tough Guy"
distribution where you had to manhandle tarballs into a useable system.
Upgrading was not for the faint of heart and if you couln't upgrade libc
without breaking you system, you couldn't hang out with the big boys.

Now it sounds like it's turning into a chick distro with auto updates
and all the fancy schmancy packaging utilities the other distos have.

I'll bet hardcore Slackers like Jeff Cann would never be caught dead
running some "Hold your hand" upgrade nanny...