[CLUE-Talk] Truth stranger than fiction

Jonathan Mowers wyrm66 at biglinux.tccw.wku.edu
Tue May 1 09:38:07 MDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Lynn Danielson wrote:

> On what criteria do you base this statement?
	I base this is on having used HPUX and Solaris, more solaris than
HPUX. Mainly from the way the directory structure is setup.
	The fact the you can use either run level style if you wish, some
tweaking required to change between the two of them.
	Also it is what I have gathered from talking to the local Sol7
then Sol8 box, the box is only available to programmers in our department.

> I'd say that Slackware is the most BSD or SunOS like Linux.
	Wait a minute, didn't SunOS become Solaris with version 2.7?? You
are right that Slack can be the most BSD like since the whole goal of
Slackware is to be the most Unix like distro there is and so far from my
experiences it is.

P.S. Can anyone send me any information about utilities, broadband ISP
providers, and housing costs in the Aurora-Buckeley AFB area. I'm moving
out there from KY in probably about 2 weeks and I need to get a budget
together.

--
Jonathan M. Mowers
Earn money in your spare time -- blackmail your friends.