May Meeting Topics [was Re: [CLUE-Talk] Surely not another TBAtalk]

Lynn Danielson lynn.danielson at clue.denver.co.us
Fri May 4 17:57:49 MDT 2001

grant wrote:

> Sure, I can do a presentation on PostgreSQL.  I would like input from the
> members on subject matter.  This is a very simple DBMS to run, so....  I
> should be able to cover a lot of topics.

Thanks Grant!

I'd be interested in getting some sense of how compliant PostgreSQL
is with ANSI SQL. Also, how does it compare to other open source and
proprietary databases?  Why do you like it so much?  What API's do
you use with it?  Are there any cool front-ends or gui administration
tools that you would recommend?  Are there any problems or quirks
with it that you can tell us about?

Just a few things that come to mind. ;-)

Thanks again,

Lynn Danielson