[CLUE-Talk] PostgreSQL

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Wed May 9 08:28:15 MDT 2001

Here are a few things from my presentation that I though people might
actually want to remember (unlike the rest of it)

Administration
  Backups
    pg_dumpall|gzip|split -b2000m - dump_all.`date '+%Y%m%d'`.
	#Dump everything, zip it, and split it into 2G files with a date as
part of the filename.
  Vacuum
    vacuumdb -a -z -v -hdbserver.amadensor.com
	#Vacuum the DB, All, analyZe, Verbose, Host dbserver.amadensor.com
  Replication
    pg_dump -c -hdbserver.amadensor.com my_db|psql
-hbkupdb.amadensor.com my_db
	#Dump with Clear from Host dbserver.amadensor.com database my_db, pipe
to a psql
	session on Host dbbkup and connect to my_db there too.

Support
For ODBC, go to http://www.postgresql.org, pick a FTP mirror, choose
ODBC, versions, Full.  I would reccomend the sourceforge mirror at:

ftp://download.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/postgresql/odbc/versions/full/