[CLUE-Talk] Today's comic relief from Microsoft

B O'Fallon bof at americanisp.net
Thu May 10 22:53:35 MDT 2001

I always enjoy reading statements from the MS executives, if for no
other reason, comic relief from the way that they are out of touch
with the world.

Today's little attempt at humor comes from CEO Jim Allchin, who,
commenting on the October 25th release date of Windows XP being too
late to take advantage of the back-to-school computer buyers:

     "It would have been nice to make back-to-school," Allchin
     conceded, but he re-emphasized Microsoft's oft-repeated
     adage that quality, not marketing, determines ship dates for
     Windows.

Quality is what determines ship dates for Windows, huh? I'm so glad to
know this, and wonder what their quality would be like if they had
been in a hurry to get the products to market.

--
BOF

"Now that I'm here, we'll turn the program around 360 degrees." -
Jason Kidd, Dallas Maverick's #1 draft pick, talking about the team's
prospects.