[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: The Challenge...]

grant grant at amadensor.com
Sun May 13 06:30:50 MDT 2001

> > If he wants someone else to do the work for him, it's going to cost
> > him some money.  But it will likely cost less then a 10 user version
> > of NT Server (which, last I was aware, costs in excess of a thousand
> > bucks).  Add to that the cost of a database, say SQL Server, and the
> > cost of an intranet server, say IIS, and your probably looking at
> > close to $4K.
>
> Oh, I've already point this out.

I work for a company that is heavy into NT, so I know the list of
things he would need.  Here are the best prices I could find.  Everyting
is for 25 users (it goes 5 or 25) except for site server which is for
10.  These were the best prices I found on the web.

NT server       1552.95
SQL Server     10249.95
Exchange server 6464.95
Site server     1329.95
Total          19597.80

This will go up as more users are added.  This is for only one
server.  This is assuming that a server beefy enough to handle that much
mail from exchange is used.  You would have to talk to someone familiar
with exchange, but I think it would be a VERY BIG machine.