[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: The Challenge...]

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Sun May 13 16:12:51 MDT 2001

Lynn Danielson wrote:

> grant wrote:
> >
> > I work for a company that is heavy into NT, so I know the list of
> > things he would need. ...
> >
> > NT server       1552.95
> > SQL Server     10249.95
> > Exchange server 6464.95
> > Site server     1329.95
> > Total          19597.80
>
> Does a web server come bundled with one of these or is that extra?
>
> Lynn
The web and FTP server comes with the OS, but depending on what
capabilities you need, extra components may be needed.  Site server lets
you index the thing, exchange lets you do email.  If you need file
upload capabilities, you need SA File up.  There is a product for free
from MS called posting acceptor, but it is not compatible with IIS 5,
and its compatibility with IIS 4 is limited.