[CLUE-Talk] Process Workflow with Computers, your chance to speak

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Tue May 15 07:37:11 MDT 2001

> I wouldn't entirely agree with both of these, are we talking about open
> source or commercial software.  With commercial software, releasing
> without bugs is especially important, but less so with open source, as
> another set of eyes will probably find the bugs faster.
>
> as for enhancements, there is something to be said for being the first,
> if not the best (witness the Zip disk).  When you have something that
> is usable, release it.  What is that saying, "better is the enemy of
> good enough."
>
> Brandon

This is from the point of view of an IT Consultant.  This is all about
software you are leaving with your customers, who are likely only
somewhat computer literate, and definitely not developers.  In an OSS
environment, things are a little different.  I would say that these
still apply unless I am going to call it a beta.  If it is a beta, it
will have other developers working on it, not users.  It still needs to
have no known issues before it is marked as stable and ready for users.