[CLUE-Talk] What's with Microsoft's upgrade ultimatum?

David Anselmi anselmi at intradenver.net
Tue May 15 22:16:30 MDT 2001

Here's a better one:

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2717111,00.html

If you run Win95, 98, or ME, you need to use XP which won't run on older
machines.  So not only do you have to upgrade your OS, but now your
hardware too.  What's my dad to do with the 286 he still uses?

Do you think hardware vendors could license their hardware and force
users to pay yearly to use it?  (I can hear the marketeers now - "while
it may appear similar, this is a *license* agreement, not a lease")

Is 3 replies to one post too much for anyone?  I'll quit now :-)