[CLUE-Talk] Broadband suggestions

Dave Anselmi anselmi at americanisp.net
Fri Oct 19 20:26:26 MDT 2001

I consider the problems I've had with DSL to be minor - one day late with an
activation is about it.  It's $50/mo for 640/256k, so I guess that cable is
faster.  One thing I like is that the Cisco external modem I got does nat and
packet filtering.  That means I don't have to rush to scrounge up an old linux
box to use as a firewall/gateway.  But they charge you for the external modem,
and in my case sent along an unneeded pcmcia NIC.

I have a related question, but I'll ask on the tech list.

Dave